Master of Science in Social Administration
(equivalent to an MSW)
We’re thrilled you’re considering applying to our ONLINE MSSA program in social work! At any point, simply click APPLY NOW to begin your application process.
To request an Online MSSA Program Brochure, click here. To speak to an Online MSSA Enrollment Adviser, call 877-807-4740.
Online MSSA Enrollment:
- Spring 2017 Application Deadline: November 4, 2016
- Summer 2017 Application Deadline: March 3, 2017
- Fall 2017 Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
- Transcripts from an accredited college or university that demonstrates completion of a bachelor’s degree in any field of study. We require transcripts from any school you completed 6 or more credits. Please note: Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded into the application system for application review. Official transcripts will be required following admission.
- A two-part essay that is a maximum of five (5) typed pages (double-spaced, 12 point font) and is exemplary of graduate-level writing. The first part of the essay is a Personal Statement, in which you are asked to discuss the significant factors influencing your decision to pursue a master’s degree in social work, past experiences that will contribute to your success, how you envision contributing to the School community, and why the Mandel School is a good fit for your educational goals. The second part is an Analytical Essay, in which you are asked to analyze a social justice problem, its causes, and how you think it could be addressed. Applicants also have the option of providing an explanation for their academic history in the essay section (for example, a 3.0 or lower grade point average or a failing grade). In all submissions, the quality of your writing and professionalism will be taken into account.
- A current resume highlighting your paid and volunteer experiences.
- Three recommendation letters (preferably from a faculty member, direct supervisor, or volunteer coordinator).
Part II of Online MSSA Application:
- Field Education Proposal must be completed through with your application to the Online MSSA program. The Field Education Proposal will include information about your proposed field site and learning objectives. The Proposal will also require an agency agreement with signatures from both the Agency Director(s), your Field Site Supervisor, and Proposed Field Instructor. For assistance, please contact LaShon Sawyer, Assistant Director of Online Field Education, at email@example.com or at 216.368.1932.